Last updated: October 11, 2022
Sitewise along with all subsidiaries, affiliates, and related entities (collectively “Sitewise”, “the Company”, “we”, “us” or “our” in this policy) is committed to preserving and safeguarding your privacy and personal information.
As part of our commitment to your privacy, on this page, we provide and periodically update our policy on how we collect, use, disclose, and otherwise manage your personal information when you use or interact with our website. We make this clear, so that you have the information necessary to understand your privacy rights and how applicable laws protects you.
- Account means a unique account created for You to access our Website or parts of our Website.
- Company refers to Sitewise Analytics LLC, of 1788 West 5th Avenue, Suite 318, Vancouver, BC V6J 1P2 together with its subsidiaries, affiliates, and related entities, including, without limitation, Tetrad Computer Applications Incorporated (collectively “Sitewise”, “the Company”, “we”, “us” or “our” in this policy).
- Consent refers to either implicit or explicit knowledge and accord of an individual for Sitewise to collect, use, or disclose personal information.
- Cookies are small files that are placed on Your computer, mobile device, or any other device by a website, containing the details of Your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- Country refers to: Canada.
- Device means any device that can access the website such as a computer, a cellphone, or a digital tablet.
- Personal Information is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual, including but not limited to data such as race, ethnic origin, age, financial history, and personal opinion. It does not include the name, title, business address, or business telephone number of an employee of an organization.
- Service refers to the Website (
- Service provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals retained or employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used.
- Usage data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Users refers to any visitors to our services.
- Website refers to Sitewise, accessible from sitewise.com
- You means the individual accessing or using the Service (Website), or the Company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
PIPEDA states that every organization must comply with the following obligations of privacy protection:
- Identifying purposes;
- Limiting collection;
- Limiting use, disclosure and retention;
- Individual access; and
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
For users in the United Kingdom and European Union countries, Sitewise provides additional disclosures and notices which supplement PIPEDA and PIPA. These Supplemental Privacy Policies include the General Data Protection Regulation (hereafter, “GDPR”), and will supersede the policies in PIPEDA and PIPA in the event of a conflict.
Please access our GDPR webpage for further details.
California Consumer Protection Act (CCPA)
For users in California, Sitewise provides additional disclosures and notices which supplement PIPEDA and PIPA. These Supplemental Privacy Policies include the California Consumer Protection Act (hereafter, “CCPA”), and will supersede the policies in PIPEDA and PIPA in the event of a conflict.
Please access our CCPA webpage for further details.
Collecting and using your Personal Information
Under PIPEDA and PIPA, your consent is required for Sitewise to collect, use, or disclose your personal information. You may consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of such information in one of three ways:
- Express and positive, which may be delivered orally, in writing or via electronic communication.
- Implied, which would apply if you use our Website or if you do not reply to any offers to remove your personal information from our marketing lists (in which case, consent is assumed).
- Consent may be given by an authorized representative on your behalf.
Types of data collected
While using our Website, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Usage data
Company data refers to information about the company at which you are employed. This information may be requested along with your Personal Information. Company data may include, but is not limited to:
- Company name
- Company email address
- Company address
- Company phone number
Usage data is collected automatically when using our Website.
Usage data may include information such as your device’s Internet Protocol address (hereafter, “IP address”), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When you access the Website by or through a mobile device, we may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device You use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Website or when you access the Website by or through a mobile device.
Tracking technologies and cookies
- Flash cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences or your activity on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as those used for browser cookies. For more information on how you can delete flash cookies, please read “Where can I change the settings for disabling, or deleting local shared objects?” available here.
- Web beacons. Certain sections of our Website, our website, and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit Sitewise, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a certain section and verifying system and server integrity).
Cookies can be “Persistent” or “Session” cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when you go offline, while session cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser.
We use both session and persistent cookies for the purposes set out below:
Necessary / essential cookies
- Type: Session Cookies
- Administered by: Sitewise
- Purpose: These cookies are essential to provide you with services available through the Website and to enable you to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these cookies, the Services that you have asked for cannot be provided, and we only use these cookies to provide you with those Services.
Cookies policy / notice acceptance cookies
- Type: Persistent cookies
- Administered by: Sitewise
- Type: Persistent Cookies
- Administered by: Sitewise
- Purpose: These cookies allow us to remember choices you make when you use the website, such as remembering your login details or language preference. The purpose of these cookies is to provide you with a more personal experience and to avoid you having to re-enter your preferences every time you use the website.
Use of your Personal Information
The Company may use Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Website: to monitor the usage of our Website.
- To manage your account: to manage your registration as a user of the Website. The Personal Information you provide can give you access to different functionalities of the Website that are available to you as a registered user.
- For the performance of a contract: to develop, comply, and undertake the purchase contract for the products, items or services you have purchased or of any other contract with us through the Website.
- To contact you: to contact you by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To update you: to provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage your requests: to attend and manage your requests to us.
- For business transfers: to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by us about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- For other purposes: to carry out other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our service, Website and marketing as well as your experience.
We may share Your personal information in the following situations:
- With service providers: we may share your personal information with service providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Website, to contact you.
- For business transfers: we may share or transfer your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another Company.
- With business partners: we may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, Websites or promotions.
- With other users: when you share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside.
- With your consent: we may disclose your personal information for any other purpose with your consent.
Retention of your Personal Information
Sitewise will also retain usage data for internal analysis purposes. Usage data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Website, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of your Personal Information
Your information, including Personal Information, is processed at the Company’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
Disclosure of your Personal Information
If Sitewise is involved in a merger, acquisition or asset sale, your Personal Information may be transferred.
Under certain circumstances, Sitewise may be required to disclose your Personal Information if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Other legal requirements
We may disclose your Personal Information in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Website
- Protect the personal safety of Users of the Website or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Security of your Personal Information
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is completely secure. While Sitewise strives to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Our Website does not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided Sitewise with Personal Information, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Information from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
If we need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your information and your country requires consent from a parent, we may require your parent’s consent before we collect and use that information.
Links to other websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites or services.