MapInfo Discover 3D for MapInfo Professional is the first fully integrated 3D GIS solution for the resource sector. Built on top of the functionality and power of the award-winning MapInfo Discover, Discover 3D turns a 2D environment into a full 3D GIS system. By switching from the traditional 2D GIS mode to full 3D you can view and interact in real time with a range of GIS datasets.
- fully integrated with MapInfo Discover and MapInfo Professional
- real-time 3D navigation via mouse buttons and mouse movements
- fly-through creation and playback, with export to movie files
- Discover drillhole projects in 3D – drillholes, sections and logs
- view cross-section boundaries and create simple 3D solids
- gridded surface display with extensive control of display properties
- voxel model display, with threshold, isosurface and slice views
- apply height/depth extrusions to 2D objects in MapInfo/Discover
- create 3D point clouds and lines
- Advanced digitizing and feature editing tools
- Create solids from features (triangulated surfaces and between surfaces)
- Dynamic drillhole targeting – drilling to x,y,z of a target
- Polylinear cross-section displayed as geo-referenced images
- Direct import of Micromine block models, import for Vulcan block models
- Direct import of Surpac STR format
- Export to GOCAD TS format
MapInfo Discover 3D offers a versatile data integration environment which will not only raise the productivity of your multidisciplinary project teams but also provide them with a new platform to stimulate discussion, enrich exploration strategies and contribute to exploration success.
Discover 3D 2012 is an extension to MapInfo’s Discover software, included in the Discover 2012 installation.
Discover 3D 2012 requires Windows® 7 (32-bit or 64-bit), Windows® Vista (Service Pack 1, 32-bit or 64-bit) or Windows® XP Professional (Service Pack 3) operating system to run.
– Apple Macintosh OSX and Linux operating systems are NOT supported.
– Virtualistaion systems such as Citrix, Mac Parallels or VMWare are NOT supported.
- Pentium 4 series or equivalent CPU processor
- 2 Gigabytes of RAM memory
- A monitor of at least XGA capability (1024 x 768 resolution)
- Core 2 series or equivalent CPU processor (note Discover3D does not utilise multiple CPU cores in most tools)
- 4 Gigabytes of RAM memory
- A monitor of at least SXGA capability (1280 x 1024 resolution)
The install wizard checks for the following and prompts you if not already on your system; you can choose to have the install wizard install these requirements, or cancel the installation if you do not want to proceed.
Note the following are all 32-bit (x86) versions, even if installing on a Windows 64-bit OS:
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 (Client Profile and Extended)
- Microsoft SQL Server Compact 3.5 Service Pack 2 (x86) for Windows Desktop
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable Package (x86)
- Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable (x86)
- SlimDX runtime .NET 4.0 x86 January 2012 (end user runtime)
|3D Module includes 1 year MATS (Maintenance & Technical Support)||Call for Pricing|
|Discover + 3D Module with MATS||Call for Pricing|
|Annual Discover + 3D Module MATS||Call for Pricing|