Canada’s leading precision based, up-to-date, and detailed street map data for display, analysis and location based applications.
See the big picture with CanMap® Streetfiles. Locate, analyze and display customers, prospects and assets geographically. Enhance strategic decision-making, manage business decisions effectively, or offer value added services with CanMap Streetfiles.
North America’s #1 choice for Canadian data provides an accurate map fabric for wireless and location based service applications (LBS), market analysis, target marketing, site location analysis, customer service and asset management.
This new release provides users with comprehensive coverage, detailed attribution, positional accuracy, current data and presentation-quality cartographics.
CanMap Streetfiles comprehensive nationwide coverage provides detailed topographic and geographic features at the highest level for all major Canadian urban areas.
Features and Benefits
New Nationwide Features
- Addition of 302 wilderness areas, park reserves, heritage parks and sanctuaries
- Addition and verification of over 40,000 building footprints across Canada’s major urban centres
- Addition and verification of rail in the GTA, Vancouver, Montreal, Edmonton, Calgary, London, Halifax, Ottawa
- The addition of over 2000 rail bridges and 200 rail stops
Nationwide Features Include:
- Over 1,400,000 total kilometres across Canada
- Street centerline road network with street names and address ranges
- 6 cartographic road classifications including expressways, primary highways, secondary highways, major roads, local roads and trails
- Roads look up table including alias name, highway numbers and names, road numbers and names, toll roads and inter-provincial highways eg.: Trans Canada Highway
- Highways and major roads layer
- Highway exit numbers
- Bridges, tunnels, ferry routes and ice roads available
- Points of interest including golf features, healthcare, education, toll booths and car pool lots
- Over 1,800 parks including national, provincial, territorial, marine, wilderness, and reserves
- Approximately 2000 rail stations and stops
- 22,500 populated placenames
- Municipal boundaries
- Municipal amalgamations
- Canada/US border crossings linking Canadian and US Roads
The production of digital map data is dependent on the availability of data from numerous sources. DMTI Spatial endeavours to provide coverage to the fullest extent possible where source data is available.
Topographic Area Features:
In addition to the comprehensive nationwide features, CanMap Streetfiles’ Urban Areas include:
- Land-use classifications
- Building footprints
- Road network casements
- Railway and utility features
- Topographic features and named geographic features including vegetation, wetlands, physiography, hydrography, transportation, and building points
- Expanded Topographic Coverage for Fort McMurray, AB
- Available with or without street addressing
- Locate resources or customer data with superior accuracy
- Display and analyze data on a nationwide standard
- Enhance applications with real world accuracy and detail
- Enable GPS solutions with CanMap Streetfiles
- Geo-reference aerial photography against CanMap Streetfiles
- Seamlessly nesting with DMTI Spatial’s family of products
- Comprehensive user documentation
- Custom viewing files are provided to facilitate the use of CanMap Streetfiles by opening and intelligently layering various data themes for display, based on appropriate viewing scales
- Shipped in the world’s leading GIS software formats
- Special Bonus: The Canada Directory is included with every order of CanMap Streetfiles. The directory consists of area code boundaries, time zone boundaries, provincial boundaries, regional municipality boundaries, DMTI topographic boundaries, DMTI national coarse water and 2001 census subdivisions (“CSD”) boundaries and data.
Special Bonus: The Canada Directory is included with every order of CanMap Streetfiles. The directory consists of area code boundaries, time zone boundaries, provincial boundaries, regional municipality boundaries, DMTI topographic boundaries, DMTI national coarse water and 2001 census subdivisions (“CSD”) boundaries and data.
Currency: Quarterly, semi-annual, or annual maintenance available
Level of Accuracy: Ranges from National Topographic Data Base (NTDB) standard to sub-metre accuracy
Projection: Unprojected latitude, longitude
Formats: ESRI and MapInfo
Custom formats available upon request.
CanMap® Streetfiles Preview Demo for MapInfo
This demo provides you with a preview of CanMap® Streetfiles. Included in this demo is a MapInfo Professional workspace for Oakville, Ontario, Canada.
- Download a sample map or
- Call toll-free 1-800-663-1334 for more information and pricing.
Note: You must have the ArcView software to view these maps. If you do not have ArcView, download and install the free ESRI ArcExplorer to view the files.
MapInfo and MapBasic are registered trademarks of MapInfo Corporation CanMap is a registered trademark of DMTI Spatial Inc.